[Spambayes] Why is this classified as Ham

Kenny Pitt kennypitt at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 8 11:38:51 EST 2003

Mark Howells wrote:
> Any idea why this is classified as Ham in the Web interface?
>
> It's obviously Spam.
>
>	-----------
>	Spam probability: 0.999309965162
>	Clues for: CH3CK 0UT MY H0T L~I~V~E~C~A~M tmmy
>	*H*	 0.00138006962536
>	*S*	 0.999999999949

And SpamBayes obviously thinks it's spam based on your current training.
What isn't clear is what SpamBayes thought about the message at the time
it was received.

Clicking on the Clues button in the Web UI shows the current clues that
would be used to classify the message, which are not necessarily the
same as the clues that were used when it was received.  Try looking at
the full headers for the message (click the subject in the Web UI to see
the complete raw message) and look for "X-Spambayes-Classification:" and
"X-Spambayes-Spam-Probability:" headers.  These will tell you what the
original classification and scoring of the message was.

--
Kenny Pitt