[Spambayes] Thank you for the time you save me.

Coe, Bob rcoe at CambridgeMA.GOV
Tue Aug 19 13:35:26 EDT 2003

As I recall, one of the Spambayesians mentioned a few weeks ago that you can, in fact, copy an Outlook user's Spambayes configuration, including the db, to another user and it should work. The assertion included some squishy wording to the effect that some files might have to be recreated, so I  haven't had the guts to try it yet. I'd like it if somebody could publish a clear description of just what you have to do.

That said, it's not difficult (in the Outlook version) to at least incorporate a standard set of training messages. I maintain a corpus of 1500 recent spam messages that we use to kickstart new users. All the installer has to do is open a special .pst file with the sample messages in it, copy the messages to the new user's spam folder, and start the training. Seems to work well.

Bob