[Spambayes] train Outlook using external SPAM sources?

G. Armour Van Horn vanhorn at whidbey.com
Sun Aug 17 12:22:49 EDT 2003

If you're getting that volume of messages, there really isn't much reason to
keep old spam around for training, new spam will be available quickly enough.

Van

Kevin Altis wrote:

> Since I started using SpamBayes in May I've been keeping my spam in the SPAM
> folder rather than periodically deleting it like I used to. Well, I just
> exported the SPAM folder as a .pst file and 4300 messages total over 45MB.
> Naturally, I don't like keeping this around as part of my main outlook.pst
> file. However, I know I'll probably have to train SpamBayes again with spam
> I've already received, so I'm wondering if there is some way I could select
> one or more external sources for training? Keeping one or more external .pst
> or other format spam folders around would be acceptable, I just don't want
> them in my main outlook.pst which I backup...
>
> Alternatively, maybe there is some way to keep the results of previous
> trainings from known spam, so that I can back that info up and not need to
> keep the original spam messages around for future training? Overall, I would
> like to be able to get back to periodically deleting my spam without
> worrying about the need for future training.
>
> Thanks,
>
> ka
> ---
> Kevin Altis
> altis at semi-retired.com
> http://altis.pycs.net/
> http://www.pythoncard.org/

Sign up now for Quotes of the Day, a handful of quotations
on a theme delivered every morning.
Enlightenment! Daily, for free!
mailto:twisted at whidbey.com?subject=Subscribe_QOTD

For web hosting and maintenance,