[Spambayes] filtering based on headers only?

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Sat Aug 16 20:50:40 EDT 2003

> Thursday, August 14, 2003, 4:35:25 AM, you wrote:
> >> And it seems to me that it doesn't see (?!) X-Spambayes header
> >> somehow.
> MT> When you say "preview headers", do you mean the "view rfc822
> MT> headers"
>
> Account | Dispatch mail on server,
> and then View | Header autoview.

Hmm.  I don't have that menuitem.  I have View | RFC822 Headers, which
works for me.  I presume it's just the same thing renamed, though.

> I defeated this problem by prepending
> X-Spambayes-Classification in the very beginning of the
> message, by the way. Header preview still doesn't see the
> header at the end, but filtering now works ;)

The options to put the classification in the subject or to fields should
also work, although they're not as nice as the separate header.

> MT> I'm using The Bat! 1.62 - is this what you have?  (not that it
> MT> should make any difference, really)
> Hmm. It turned out to be 1.53d here - I was using some later
> version but someone managed to downgrade it transparently somehow!
>
> Thanks. I'll try installing newer version :)

It would be great to know if that works so that we can let other people
know.

Thanks,
Tony Meyer