[Spambayes] SpamBayes Binary v 0.7

Michael K. Schummers mikes at members-insurance.com
Tue Aug 12 17:53:49 EDT 2003

I recently downloaded the new binary and installed on two machines, both XP
SP1 - one with Outlook 2002 and one with Outlook 2000. I had previously
added two of the delay timer parameters (v 0.6)to target some mail messages
not being scored. I removed these with the installation of v7. All mail
messages seemed to be scored now and the quirky problem of the displayed
score being different that the score displayed in Spam Clues seems to be
gone.

However, I am seeing two quirks. Some messages in both the Inbox and Spam
folders do not display any score (i.e. the field displayed is blank/empty).
When you look at the Spam Clues for this message under Spam Manager, the
message is scored (as is also evident from the fact that the message was
moved to the Spam folder). So far, I have not seen any messages moved to the
Unsure folder that don't display a score. I have removed the display field
for the score and re-displayed the Spam field with no effect in both Inbox
and Spam folders. I have also noticed that SpamBayes no longer shows as a
COM add-in. It doesn't seem to show in any add-in displays that I have
found. The documentation indicates that it should show as a COM add-in in
Outlook 2002 (at least).

The good news is that everything seems to be working fine but some Spam
scores are not displaying. I am not sure if I should be worried if SpamBayes
doesn't show as a COM add-in or not. For your infomation.
Michael K. Schummers
General Manager

(859) 455-7317
HYPERLINK "mailto:mikes at members-insurance.com"mikes at members-insurance.com