[Spambayes] Good Job

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Wed Aug 13 02:32:16 EDT 2003

>>> amcmillan at chapura.com wrote
> What I would really love to see is an option on a spam filter so that when
> something is seen as spam it sends a non-deliverable message to the sender.
> I am not sure what doing this would entail, but maybe that way my ten year
> old email address might start working its way off of some of these list.

It's been requested a number of times. The problem is that most spam comes
from either invalid or (worse) forged addresses. Sending a NDN isn't going
to get to the people you want it to get to.

The only real way to do this is at SMTP time - you bounce the message as
soon as it's received. Spambayes isn't really designed for this as yet
(although some people are working on the problem...)

Anthony