[Spambayes] add-in won't register after WinXP install

Cress, Andrew R andrew.r.cress at intel.com
Mon Aug 11 15:06:24 EDT 2003

I installed:
Python-2.3.exe
SpamBayes-Outlook-Setup-007.exe
on my workstation with WinXP SP1 and Outlook 2002 SP-2.  McAfee Virus
scan was disabled.
The add-in didn't show up under COM Addins.
The log is there, but empty (zero size).

So, I ran "regsvr32 spambayes_addin.dll" from the install dir and I get
the following
error dialog:
  DllRegisterServer in spambayes_addin.dll failed.
  Return code was: 0xc0000005
How can I fix this?

I looked in the archives and saw a similar issue (except return code was
=0), but killing off processes didn't seem to solve it for me.  One note
is that I tried to, but couldn't kill MCSHIELD.EXE, but McAfee is
otherwise gone.

Pls CC me, as I'm not a regular list subscriber.

Thanks,
Andy Cress