[Spambayes] FYI -- dumbdbm is nuked

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Thu Aug 7 18:27:50 EDT 2003

> Haha, Ok how about SQLite?
> I've looked at the MySQL Classifier and will probably
> have to write MSSQL and SQLite Classifiers,

Take a look at the newly checked in version of storage.py (note that I
think sf anon cvs is still on their up-to-24-hours-delayed cvs server,
so you might not be able to see it right away).  Skip added a base
SQLClassifier class (and did a much better job of it than my original
patch :), plus a PGClassifier class, and I added a mySQLClassifier
class.  Given how simple creating the mySQL class was, I suspect a
SQLite or MSSQL class should be pretty straightforward.

If you're interested in using one of these classes 'in production', then
I would recommend you check out Skip's post to the -dev list where he
notes potential problems.  We're very open to suggestions for
improvement!

> especially since
> I cannot upgrade anymore now.. :p

You could just use pickles, of course.  They're still an improvement
over dumbdbm (in this case).