[Spambayes] Re: There Can Be Only One

Greg Ward gward@python.net
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 12:59:11 -0400

On 26 September 2002, Tim Peters said:
> > SPAM: *  2.2 -- RBL: Received via a relay in orbs.dorkslayers.com
> > SPAM:           [RBL check: found 4.90.52.217.orbs.dorkslayers.com.]
>
> Neil's mine_received_headers option (off by default) tokenizes IPs and their
> prefixes, and will learn about networks associated with spam on its own.
> However, the algorithm isn't going to learn *swiftly* when a new source
> appears.  Given the error rates I'm seeing without looking at received
> headers, though, I'm not sure I care <wink>.

I suspect the best thing to do here, at least for mail.python.org, is
have Exim do a bunch of RBL lookups, and add X-RBL-Warning headers for
each hit.  Count the number of X-RBL-Warning headers and you've probably
got a pretty good clue.  I'm going to enable that before the next
harvesting run.

        Greg
--
Greg Ward <gward@python.net>                         http://www.gerg.ca/