[Spambayes] Deployment

Brad Clements bkc@murkworks.com
Fri, 06 Sep 2002 11:02:11 -0400

Did you want this on the list? I'm replying to the list..

On 6 Sep 2002 at 10:43, Guido van Rossum wrote:

> What's an auto-ham?

Automatically marking something as ham after a given timeout.. regardless of how long
that timeout is, someone is going to forget to submit the message back as spam.

How many spams-as-hams can be accepted before the f-n rate gets unacceptable?

> > How about adding an IMAP server with a spam and deleted-ham
> > folder. Most email clients can handle IMAP. Users should be able to
> > quickly move "spam" into the spam folder.
>
> I personally don't think IMAP has a bright future, but for people who
> do use it, that's certainly a good approach.
>
> > Instead of deleting messages (or, by reprogramming the delete
> > function) they can quickly move ham into the ham folder.
>
> Yes.

I view IMAP as a stop-gap measure until tighter integration with various email clients
can be achieved.

I still feel it's better to require classification feedback from the recipient, rather than
make any assumptions after some period of time passes. But this is an end-user issue
and we're still at the algorithm stage.. ;-)

Brad Clements,                bkc@murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
AOL-IM: BKClements