[Spambayes] Proposing to remove 4 combining schemes

Neil Schemenauer nas@python.ca
Thu Oct 17 23:54:49 2002

Rob Hooft wrote:
> The first time I used SpamAssassin, I used it in label-only mode. That
> gave some relief. After using it for a month, I was confident enough to
> make a procmail rule to move spam into a spam folder without showing it
> to me. I was amazed by the amount of rest that has created. I did not
> realize that the spam was having such a psychological effect on me.

That matches my experience with setting up a spam filter.  After
installation, I found it much easier to deal with messages in my inbox
(mail not from lists).  The psychological effect was larger than I had
expected as well.  I look at the spam mailbox last and only if I have
the time and energy.

  Neil