[Spambayes] Guidance re pickles versus DB for Outlook

Paul Moore lists@morpheus.demon.co.uk
Tue Nov 26 23:09:33 2002

Skip Montanaro <skip@pobox.com> writes:

>     Tim> Francois gave us a clue on that one yesterday (or so).  Looks like
>     Tim> we can rearrange this, but it will require copying the module into
>     Tim> spambayes...  yuk... another solution is to clone the
>     Tim> module... call it spambayesdbm.  Maybe that would have several
>     Tim> advantages.
>
> What's wrong with
>
>     import anydbm
>     anydbm._names.remove("dbhash")
>
> ?

Because anydbm does its magic at import time. After the import
statement has completed, _names is never used again :-(

And removing dbhash on a PythonLabs Windows distribution means you get
dumbdbm (no gdbm or dbm). Not good.

Paul.
--
This signature intentionally left blank