[Spambayes] Guidance re pickles versus DB for Outlook

Neale Pickett neale@woozle.org
Tue Nov 26 06:39:16 2002

So then, Tim Stone - Four Stones Expressions <tim@fourstonesExpressions.com> is all like:

> <tim@fourstonesExpressions.com>> writes:
> >
> >  TS> Well, I think I'm gonna fool with it, at least from a research
> >  TS> perspective.  I think we can overcome the objections raised thus
> >  TS> far, and we really do need robustness in the database.  I'm
> >  TS> forever having my database corrupted when the pop3proxy does
> >  TS> something unexpected, and this is a VERY controlled environment.
> >  TS> God knows what the masses will do to this thing...  Double
> >  TS> clicking browser buttons, killing processes, etc. etc.  We just
> >  TS> gotta not have databases head south.

AFAICR, the only south-heading any databases have done, aside from known
bugs with the Windows dbm module, has been when you train a DBM and then
don't run store() for some reason.

Perhaps it is time to take another look at DBDictClassifier.__del__
calling store().