[Spambayes] Hammiefilter doesn't write out the pickle

Neale Pickett neale@woozle.org
Mon Nov 18 16:39:43 2002

So then, "Moore, Paul" <Paul.Moore@atosorigin.com> is all like:

> Um, is it just me, or does hammiefilter not save the database if
> you're using a pickle?

Ah, no, it wouldn't do that.  As Tim Stone says, a clean solution is
pending.

In the meantime, though, I'm curious about how you're using
hammiefilter.  Loading up the entire pickle is painfully slow compared
to the dbm method, and as hammiefilter is made specifically to run once
per message and then go away, the pickle is a particularly bad fit.

Are you running hammiefilter from procmail?  How big is your pickle?

Neale