[Spambayes] hammie's dbm file has changed

Tim Stone - Four Stones Expressions tim@fourstonesExpressions.com
Mon Nov 18 04:44:42 2002

I've just finished updating the DBDictBayes class to implement the read/store
semantic.  I looked at the DBDict class, but I decided making it do that would
be a bit more of a problem than making one if it's delegators do it...

More comments below...

- TimS

11/17/2002 10:35:33 PM, Neale Pickett <neale@woozle.org> wrote:

>So then, Tim Stone - Four Stones Expressions <tim@fourstonesExpressions.com>
is all like:

>> My Bayes module stuff has a store() method that is to store the
>> wordinfo.  This is a requirement for Richie's pop3proxy.  Right now
>> with DBDictBayes it's pretty much of a noop, only adding nham and
>> nspam to the persistent dictionary.  Can we alter dbdict, or make a
>> subclass, that accomodates this behavior?
>
>Hmm.  I just updated and got your new Bayes.py file.  I like!  This
>looks like what hammiefilter.py should be using, instead of hammie's
>DBDict.  Feel free to move that out and into your Bayes class, it looks
>like that's where it belongs.

We could move the DBDIct class to the Bayes module, or to its own little
module... it really is a more generally useful class.

>Just make sure everything else still
>works :)  You'll probably have to modify hammie, hammiesrv, and
>hammiefilter.  Maybe hammiefilter should be renamed to just filter, if
>it's not going to use hammie.py anymore.
>
>Would that solve your problem?  If I understand it correctly, it
>should.  I think the hammie module ought to be split up into separate
>pieces anyway.

My problem with updating hammie is that I'm not too well equipped to test the
mods...  I can certainly take a look at it, and give it a spin, but I doubt
that I can test all the scenarios on my simple wynd0ze snoozer.  ;)

>Mind if we take this discussion onto the list?  I'm sure Richie will
>have some good input on the subject.
>
>Neale

- Tim
www.fourstonesExpressions.com