[Spambayes] [Outlook addin] Filtering unread messages on startup

Moore, Paul Paul.Moore@atosorigin.com
Fri Nov 15 14:54:07 2002

From: Mark Hammond [mailto:mhammond@skippinet.com.au]
>> Looking at the code for GetNewUnscoredMessageGenerator, it seems
>> to scan the folder for messages with Unread = True and no "Spam"
>> field. There were 40 or so unread messages, so I can only assume
>> that they had a Spam field.
>
>See if you can convince the Outlook2000/sandbox/dump_props.py script
>to produce anything useful. It should tell you if such a field exists
>(and plenty of other things!)

The script doesn't work as it stands (COM error "Unknown Trust
Provider", which I suspect is due to our Active Directory setup
somehow) but I hacked to to just look at the Inbox.

I did this, and got a colleague to send me a mail (while I did *not*
have Outlook running). dump_props shows no Spam property.

Started Outlook, it wasn't filtered, and there was still no Spam
property.

Filtered manually, and the Spam property appeared as expected...

For what it's worth, I attach the output of dump_props.py from
before I started Exchange, after I started but did nothing else,
and after I manually filtered the Inbox. I also include the trace
output from the addin after the startup filtering happened.

Paul.