[Spambayes] Re: Outlook plugin plus Exchange

David Bolen db3l@fitlinxx.com
Mon Nov 11 22:28:01 2002

Paul Moore <lists@morpheus.demon.co.uk> writes:

> That sounds like the best option. I haven't had a chance to check
> Exchange yet, but with an IMAP store there are no "New mail" events
> triggered when I start Outlook with new mail in the IMAP inbox. I'd
> expect Exchange to be the same.  (...)

I'm based on an Exchange server, and yes, the behavior is the same -
no events fire.  I think Mark's in-progress approach of scanning for
unread and unscanned messages on startup is reasonable.  I'm not quite
sure how the Outlook processes client rules on startup, but it does
have the "feeling" that it simply starts an execution of the rules
against Inbox, so the spambayes addin would just be following along.

-- David