[Spambayes] Terminology in user documentation: "spam" vs. "junk mail"

Skip Montanaro skip@pobox.com
Fri Nov 1 01:41:47 2002

    Guido> I agree that we need something better than "ham".  Non-spam works
    Guido> for me; "good mail" too.

I don't think that's necessarily the case.  "Ham" has a certain panache.  It
rolls of the tongue better than anything else I've seen.  It distinguishes
Spambayes from the herd a bit, and may be a clever little bit of marketing.
(I noted before that some people in the SpamAssassin community have picked
up the term.)  I wouldn't change it until it's demonstrated to be a
liability.

Skip