[spambayes-dev] [Spambayes] What does this mean?

Eric Johnson ej.spambayes at indicium.org
Thu Jun 18 03:54:07 CEST 2009

On 09-06-17 07:06 PM, skip at pobox.com wrote:
>      Eric>  I checked Synaptic to what in regards to Python was installed.  It
>      Eric>  says that Python 2.5 and 2.6 are installed.
>
>      Eric>  Is it possible to specify in the command line which version of
>      Eric>  Python to use?
>
> I sort of assume you installed SpamBayes something like this:
>
>      python setup.py install
>
> You can refrence Python 2.5 directly:
>
>      python2.5 setup.py install
>
> SpamBayes will then be run using Python 2.5.  If you install SpamBayes using
> Synaptics, I don't know how to tell it to use Python 2.5.
>
> Skip
>
> .

I tried your suggestion of using "python2.5 setup.py install".

I launch the proxy this way, "python2.5 sb_server.py"

I am no longer getting an error message when training, but I am now
getting this error message when I am using the configuration pages...

500 Server error

Traceback (most recent call last):

   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/spambayes/Dibbler.py", line
476, in found_terminator
     getattr(plugin, name)(**params)

   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/spambayes/UserInterface.py",
line 888, in onChangeopts
     self.reReadOptions()

   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/spambayes/ProxyUI.py", line
587, in reReadOptions
     state = self.state_recreator()

   File "./spambayes/scripts/sb_server.py", line 1007, in _recreateState
     prepare()

   File "./spambayes/scripts/sb_server.py", line 1022, in prepare
     state.prepare(can_stop)

   File "./spambayes/scripts/sb_server.py", line 822, in prepare
     self.createWorkers()

   File "./spambayes/scripts/sb_server.py", line 889, in createWorkers
     self.stats = Stats.Stats(options, self.mdb)

   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/spambayes/Stats.py", line 60,
in __init__
     self.from_date = self.messageinfo_db.get_statistics_start_date()

AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute
'get_statistics_start_date'

Is this something different or part of the same problem as before?

Thanks for all the suggestions,
Eric