[spambayes-dev] spambayes CVS repository problem

Sjoerd Mullender sjoerd at acm.org
Wed Jul 25 11:01:37 CEST 2007

After the change to SVN, I would like to copy my private changes over to
the new checkout.  However, I can't easily since cvs diff gives me

cvs diff: failed to create lock directory for
`/cvsroot/spambayes/spambayes' (/cvsroot/spambayes/spambayes/#cvs.lock):
Permission denied
cvs diff: failed to obtain dir lock in repository
`/cvsroot/spambayes/spambayes'
cvs [diff aborted]: read lock failed - giving up

Presumably this is an attempt to prevent people from accidentally
committing to the wrong repository, but it makes it difficult to read
the repository.  Maybe a better way than making the directories
read-only would be to add a commitinfo entry.  Something like

ALL /bin/false

might do the job.

--
Sjoerd Mullender