[spambayes-dev] Switch to Subversion?

Tony Meyer tony.meyer at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 05:37:12 CEST 2006

[Tony Meyer]
>> Now that sourceforge offers subversion as well as CVS, what does
>> everyone think about switching spambayes over to svn?

[Skip Montanaro]
> I tried using it for the first time today to download matplotlib at work.
> It failed because our svn doesn't have SSL support builtin.  I then tried
> from my Mac (which does have svn+SSL).  I got an error I'd never seen before
> (don't recall at the moment) and which John Hunter (matplotlib's author)
> hadn't seen before either.

FWIW, both checking out and committing worked fine for me (WinXP with
TortoiseSVN and OS X 10.4.5 with svn 1.3.1).

> Based on that sample size of one, I'd say -1 to using svn at SF.

I didn't say this earlier, but my opinion is that a single -1 is
enough to drop the idea, since there's no pressing need to change
(i.e. CVS (mostly <0.5 wink>) works) and we don't want to make it
difficult for anyone.

=Tony.Meyer