[spambayes-dev] 1.0.2 and 1.1a1

Tony Meyer t-meyer at ihug.co.nz
Tue Jan 25 23:05:08 CET 2005

If no-one objects, I'd like to put 1.0.2 out tomorrow (all going well).
There are a couple of web interface bugs that are particularly annoying
(changing config problem and display when the config path contains on of
'<>&'), plus various minor fixes.  It should also work with Python 2.4, and
(this is the main change for Outlook users) the binary will be build with
2.4.

At this point, I'm not particularly interested in continuing work for a
1.0.3 release (although if 1.1 takes a long time, then maybe that will
change), so this would the last in the 1.0.x line.

If you have any changes you want in 1.0.2, please let me know so I can hold
off the build.  Otherwise I'll put it together later today and put a release
up on sourceforge and announce it here so that maybe one or two people can
give it a go (there are so few changes that it ought to be reasonably safe)
before a proper announcement tomorrow.

After that, I'd like to try and get a 1.1a1 out the door so that people can
try it out (there are heaps of changes - checkins that date from May last
year!).  I had hoped to get this out by the end of the month, but that's
rapidly approaching...my rough plan is this:

  1.1a1:  End of January (31st maybe, since that's a holiday here)
  1.1a2:  End of February
  1.1b1:  Mid March (assuming both alphas go well)
  1.1rc1: Start of April
  1.1:    Early April

Are there any things not done yet that people would like to see in 1.1?  If
I recall the process correctly, when 1.1b1 goes out we consider the trunk
frozen (apart from bugfixes) and once 1.1 is out we cut a branch for it and
unfreeze the trunk.

Things I'm planning on doing before 1.1a1, if I can find the time:

 * I'm not 100% sure that the ZODBClassifier and (particularly)
ZEOClassifier storages classes are working exactly as they should.

Things I'm planning on doing before 1.1a2, if I can find the time:

 * Finishing up getting at least basic unit test scripts done for all the
spambayes package.

 * For the binary, updating the installer script to include sb_imapfilter
and sb_pop3dnd and a few minor changes that have been suggested by people.

 * It would be great to have at least one translation completely done.  We
currently have most of French and some of Spanish.  All I can do is check
the stuff in, of course.

Any others?  Or any suggestions for changes to the proposed schedule?

=Tony.Meyer