[spambayes-dev] sb_bnfilter performance

Toby Dickenson tdickenson at geminidataloggers.com
Thu May 6 03:00:47 EDT 2004

On Wednesday 05 May 2004 23:28, Jkx at Home wrote:
> On jeu, 2004-05-06 at 00:08, Toby Dickenson wrote:
> > Ive been squeezing some more performance out of sb_bnfilter.....

> > I have a C implementation of sb_bnfilter that reduces filtering time

> This sound great :)
> I hope this have the same behaviours that spamc have :

It doesnt. Those features make sense in your spamc/sb_global_server
configuration, but sb_bnfilter has different requirements. Its just a faster
sb_filter, ideal for use in procmail or mua filters.

sb_bnfilter is not a server-based solution (my apologies for using a component
name containing the word "server" that might hint otherwise ;-)

> - disable sb_bnserver fork
> - specify username
> - and support for unix domain and tcp ..

Those features would be nice somewhere, but not in sb_filter.

A related question: why not use ReadyExec? Its implementation relies on
copying the filter's stdin file descriptor into the server process. This is a
little hairy, since the server can continue to read from that file descriptor
even after the filter process has been killed.

> I put sb_global_server in a production mode (read for little groups of
> users) and it's works pretty fine, ( mainly due to the hammie cache in)

Nice.

--
Toby Dickenson