[spambayes-dev] RE: Translate configuration Page in spambay?

Kenny Pitt kennypitt at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 9 13:17:11 EST 2004

Barry Warsaw wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 04:06, Mark Hammond wrote:
>> Unfortunately, neither Barry nor I are the best people to answer
>> this.  I have forwarded your question to the spambayes-dev mailing
>> list - hopefully someone will chime up there, as this sounds like a
>> very worthwhile thing to support.
>
> I agree, it would be very cool to have.  Python has everything you
> need to localize and internationalize applications.

If you work from source, you can do basic translation by modifying
ui.html.  Just install resourcepackage so that ui_html.py will get
rebuilt from any changes.

Unfortunately there are still quite a few literal strings scattered
throughout the .py files.  The option descriptions in Options.py are a
prime example, as well as the statistics and status messages.  We just
need someone with enough time on their hands to move all those literals
either into ui.html or out to a message file using gettext or something
similar.

--
Kenny Pitt