[spambayes-dev] Difference between "show clues" scoring and filter scoring

Tony Meyer ta-meyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon Jun 28 22:53:22 EDT 2004

I just had a very odd experience - a message (the one that Tim just replied
to on spambayes at python.org) arrived and ended up in my spam folder.  The
spam field has a value of 1.00 in it - I was quite surprised at the false
positive, so I did a "Show clues", and it scores 15% (high, but ok).

I can't figure out why there is a discrepancy.  There was definitely no
training (I even checked the log, which confirms the move to the spam
folder) between the two scorings.

Does "show clues" get the message differently somehow?  Is there some other
explanation for this?  FWIW, there aren't any errors in the log, either.

=Tony Meyer