[spambayes-dev] Experimental SpamBayes build available

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Mon Jan 5 12:22:03 EST 2004

    >> File "pickle.pyc", line 1390, in load
    >> File "pickle.pyc", line 872, in load
    >> KeyError: '\x00'

    Tony> The most common place I've seen this is when you try to open a
    Tony> bsddb db file with pickle.load().  Did you have a spambayes
    Tony> install already on the machine?  (It seems like it picked up an
    Tony> existing messageinfo db, which was bsddb, but your configuration
    Tony> file is set to use a pickle).

Ah, okay.  Yes, I have used pop3proxy on the machine before.  Locating and
zapping my SpamBayes folder allows things to get going (sort of).  I can
connect to localhost:8880.  I tried "Save & Shutdown" and got

    Traceback (most recent call last):

      File "C:\cygwin\home\Administrator\tmp\spambayes-1.0a6\spambayes\Dibbler.py", line 453, in found_terminator
        getattr(plugin, name)(**params)
      File "C:\cygwin\home\Administrator\tmp\spambayes-1.0a6\spambayes\UserInterface.py", line 477, in onSave
        self._doSave()
      File "C:\cygwin\home\Administrator\tmp\spambayes-1.0a6\spambayes\UserInterface.py", line 470, in _doSave
        classifier.store()
      File "C:\cygwin\home\Administrator\tmp\spambayes-1.0a6\spambayes\storage.py", line 229, in store
        self._write_state_key()
      File "C:\cygwin\home\Administrator\tmp\spambayes-1.0a6\spambayes\storage.py", line 233, in _write_state_key
        self.db[self.statekey] = (classifier.PICKLE_VERSION,
      File "C:\Python23\lib\shelve.py", line 130, in __setitem__
        self.dict[key] = f.getvalue()

    TypeError: object does not support item assignment

Skip