[spambayes-dev] Automatically generated bug reports from sb_server

Tony Meyer ta-meyer at ihug.co.nz
Thu Feb 19 22:53:06 EST 2004

Surprisingly (to me, at least), it appears that people are actually going to
use the auto-generate-a-bug-report feature in sb_server.  I've fixed the
formatting problem, but I'm also wondering if other changes should be made
to make them more effective.

Should the user have to enter a subject themselves?  I worry that there will
be too many "Problem with POP3 Proxy" messages, and it'll be confusing to
keep track of threads.  (Obviously they can change the subject before
posting, but there's no compulsion, or even suggestion, to do so).

Would it be better to just open up a link to the sourceforge bug tracking
system (they're in a web browser, after all)?  Or offer both, but suggest
one more strongly?

Any other comments, based on the ones that have arrived so far?

=Tony Meyer