[spambayes-dev] Re: Problem with 1.0a9 Windows installer?

Kenny Pitt kennypitt at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 18 17:11:45 EST 2004

Thomas Heller wrote:
> I wasn't aware of the hackery Mark does at the end of the script -
> use a frozen exe, pretend it is a frozen dll, to trick
> win32com.server.register into registering it as dll server.
>
>> From what I have found in the code, setting pythoncom.frozen = True
> seems to be safe.  It would be interesting to know the values of
> sys.frozen and pythoncom.frozen (if any) before.

I printed pythoncom.frozen before I made the change, and it was 0/False.
I didn't print sys.frozen, though.  I'll check that if I get a chance.

The hackery is a result of an apparent problem with the Inno installer
during uninstall.  When Inno tried to unregister the COM DLL using the
usual LoadLibrary/DllUnregisterServer method, it apparently didn't
release the DLL properly and then failed to delete some of the files.
The outlook_addin_register stuff was needed so that the DLL could be
registered and unregistered without actually loading the DLL.

--
Kenny Pitt