[spambayes-dev] observations on 0.9 plug-in

Seth Goodman sethg at GoodmanAssociates.com
Fri Feb 13 16:23:34 EST 2004

I just un-installed the 0.81 binary and installed the 0.9 binary.  Here are
a couple of observations:

1) As someone else reported, asking Spambayes to check for the latest
version reports that I am currently running 0.81.  The Spambayes Manager
correctly reports that the installed version is 0.9.

2) The log file message that the failure to create toolbar message is normal
is a big improvement.  Would be better if the FAILURE message wasn't there
at all, but if that was easy, it would already be fixed.

3) Log file has message that it is watching the spam folder for incremental
training, though I have that option unchecked.  It does not train when I
move a message into that folder, so the option works correctly.  There is
just an incorrect log file message.

4) Viewing message tokens is still a bit annoying due to two problems,
probably both hard to do anything about:

a) when closing the message, it asks if you want to save changes even though
none were made

b) after closing, the message changes from unread to read, so I have to
manually restore the state to unread (the FAQ does say no one know how to
fix this)

--

Seth Goodman