[spambayes-dev] New release

Kenny Pitt kennypitt at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 4 11:00:44 EST 2004

Tony Meyer wrote:
> Mark - any chance that you want to revamp the Version.py stuff before
> we put things together?

Sorry, I guess I signed up for this but I've been swamped lately with
upcoming releases for stuff they actually pay me for. <wink>

I have some thoughts on this, but it involves sharing some of the
version information across apps in a way that doesn't quite fit with how
the version dictionaries are accessed right now.  I don't think those
changes will make it in for this release.

In the meantime, I just checked in some basic cleanup to Version.py to
remove extra version text from the Description fields and drop the
unused "SMTP Proxy" section since it is now part of sb_server.  I also
updated the "Hammie" section to "sb_filter", and added some code to the
sb_filter.py script to print the version info when displaying usage.
Those responsible for the various apps will need to update the version
numbers and release dates as you see fit.

--
Kenny Pitt