[spambayes-dev] Enhanced Outlook statistics display

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Dec 15 23:34:04 CET 2004

Further to earlier discussion about calculating cost figures, and in case
other people are interested and not aware of it, JGC's latest newsletter
mentions this paper:

<http://www.aueb.gr/users/ion/docs/mlnet_paper.pdf>

And this page on the SpamAssassin wiki:

<http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/TotalCostRatio>

I haven't had a chance to read through it in depth, but the "total cost
ratio" appears to be more-or-less the same thing as the cost values that the
spambayes testtools scripts produce (with the addition of an unsure weight).

Maybe Tim knew of this and it's deliberate, but, in any case, it is
interesting to see that it has been used elsewhere.  (I wish I had found
this when I was writing my CEAS paper earlier in the year).

=Tony.Meyer