[spambayes-dev] Small Company Problem

Peter Fraser pjf at thinkage.ca
Mon Dec 6 19:07:17 CET 2004

I work in a small company, as a result we do not
send very many emails to each other. And we have
had email address for many many years.

To add interest to the spam, the spammer often use
employee's names and email address. The net result
is that spambayes decides that these words are bad!

So short email sent to employees in the company
end up being classed as Spam or Maybe Spam.  Training
doesn't help. The true spam always overwhelms.

What I think would help, would be the ability do define
ignore words.  That way defining an employee's name as
an ignore word, would allow spambayes to classify a
message based on the rest of the context.