[spambayes-dev] RE: [Pydotorg] Re: Generating SB tokens based uponinformation on thenet

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Thu Aug 5 07:43:02 CEST 2004

[Tim Peters]
> SpamBayes doesn't need more info to do a stellar job on tech
> mailing list traffic (more might make for a tiny improvement,
> measurable only in a very-large-scale controlled test), but what
> it does need is ongoing training.  I don't know whether the
> latter is feasible.

I don't know pretty much anything about the way that mail to python.org is
managed, but this conversation ended up on spambayes-dev, so I'm going to
comment anyway <wink>.

Might this be a case for some nice Mailman-SpamBayes integration?  If
training a list-specific database could be done as part of something that
admin people already do with Mailman, that would seem like a good thing.
Clicking discard on the review page adds the message to a spam corpus, for
example, and have some sort of semi-regular in=-the-quiet-moments tte script
that runs through that corpus and the archive (for ham) to update training.

But no, I don't think I'm offering to do the coding work...

=Tony Meyer