[spambayes-dev] Dibbler.py error in training

Kenny Pitt kennypitt at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 6 09:13:39 EDT 2004

sean darcy wrote:
>> I went ahead and took a look at this.  It was a different problem
>> accidentally introduced a little while ago while fixing a previous
>> bug. I checked in another fix in Corpus.py for it.  Look for
>> revision 1.18 to come through anon cvs.
>
> Did that. Sadly:
>
> Training...
> 500 Server error
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/spambayes/Dibbler.py", line
>     461, in found_terminator getattr(plugin, name)(**params)
>
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/spambayes/ProxyUI.py", line
>     391, in onReview fromCache=True)
>
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/spambayes/Corpus.py", line
>     209, in takeMessage if (notate_opt is not None) and (opt in
> notate_opt) and \
>
> AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'startswith'

Oops, looks like I misread the original error message.  The fix I put in
is probably a useful safeguard, but not the one that was causing the
problem.

In looking more closely, though, something seems a little odd here.  The
offending object that is coming back None appears to be the msg[header]
reference.  If I'm not mistaken, that means that either the Subject: or
To: header is missing entirely from the message, which is very unusual.

Could you, by chance, attach a copy of the message that is causing the
error?  A copy of it should appear as a file in one of the cache
directories below the directory containing your training database, or
you could just view the message source from Review Messages and
copy-and-paste it.

--
Kenny Pitt