[spambayes-dev] pop3proxy error

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Wed Sep 24 20:39:21 EDT 2003

> Things seem to be going fairly well, however we encountered
> two tracebacks. I'm not all that familiar with using it in
> that environment, so am at a loss to understand what they
> mean.  The first error occurred when poking the Train button
> the first time:
[...]
>     TypeError: object does not support item assignment

Sadly this is a bug with 1.0a6 (fixed in cvs).  For some time when we
recreate the 'state' object and reopened the database after saving the
configuration, the UI kept using the old shelve object & database.  One
of the 'fixes' that crept into 1.0a6 was that we now (correctly) close
the database before we reopen it.  The UI, though, keeps trying to use
that one, which is closed, and causes all sorts of troubles.

There are two solutions AFAIK (apart from updating the code): use a
pickle (I haven't checked, but I'm pretty sure that they are
unaffected), or simply restart spambayes after making any changes to the
config via the web interface.

> The second error occurred when poking the "Show Clues" link
> for a message after twiddling the advanced config to include
> the evidence header.
[...]
>        File "c:\python23\lib\shelve.py", line 110, in get
>          if self.dict.has_key(key):
>
>     AttributeError: 'int' object has no attribute 'has_key'

I suspect that this is the same problem; it certainly looks like it.

=Tony Meyer