[spambayes-dev] RE: [Spambayes] error on attempting to export data

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Wed Sep 24 03:03:20 EDT 2003

> Anyway, I installed the python2.3 windows version.  Then I
> unzipped the spambayes into it's own directory.  I then went
> to that directory, and typed exactly what you did.  I get:
>
> C:\spambayes>c:\python23\python.exe setup.py install
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "setup.py", line 27, in ?
>     from spambayes import __version__
> ImportError: No module named spambayes

Good grief, he's right!  setup.py can't import from spambayes, can it?
Won't this only work if they've already had spambayes installed, or if
the archive is on the pythonpath?  I've seen an error like this before,
and figured that the user was doing something weird...

Could someone confirm that this is indeed a bad thing, and correct it?
I presume we just have the version explicitly written there...

=Tony Meyer