[spambayes-dev] RE: [Spambayes] Are there plans for a daemonized orcompiled version ofSpambayes?

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Sun Sep 21 03:23:09 EDT 2003

[Michael Martinez]
> I was wondering: are there any plans to develop a lightweight,
> daemonized version of Spambayes?

[Tim]
> Note the project's pspam directory sets up a classifier
> backed by a ZODB database, which can be attached to via
> opening a ZEO connection.  That would be a pleasant way to
> let multiple clients hook up at will to an always-running classifier.

Note also that the stuff in the pspam directory hasn't been touched in a
long time and will need a bit of updating.  Nothing all that difficult,
though.

I'm pretty sure that you can use the sb_client.py and sb_xmlrpcserver.py
scripts for this, though, if you're willing to forgo ZODB/ZEO. (Or able
to add a ZODBClassifier class to storage.py).

=Tony Meyer