[spambayes-dev] 1.0a6 Release candidates

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Fri Sep 19 03:22:14 EDT 2003

> 1.0a6 works like a charm for me (POP3 proxy on WinXP).
> Thanks for building it (it's always more work than you think
> it will be 8-)

No worries.  1.0b1 must be your turn again ;)

> One packaging nit: you should number release candidates as
> such, eg. 1.0a6rc1 - otherwise there could be several 1.0a6
> packages floating around, and it's hard to tell which is which.

Will do.

> One functionality nit: setup.py nicely removed my old
> scripts, but didn't remove the corresponding .pyc files (some
> of the script import each other, which is why you get .pyc files).

I've checked this in.  It deletes .pyo as well, in case anyone had it
setup to generate those.  I've just got it to quietly delete them (if it
is deleting the others) since it seems implicit that the user would like
the .pyc/o variants gone too.

> I'll fix up README_DEVEL.txt and setup.py this weekend,
> unless someone beats me to it.

I did setup.py, but I'll leave you to add stuff to README-DEVEL about
release candidates.

Thanks,
Tony