[spambayes-dev] RE: [Spambayes-checkins] spambayes/spambayes Options.py, 1.72, 1.73 classifier.py, 1.9, 1.10

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Mon Sep 15 18:16:33 EDT 2003

> Should we also drop the 'use_chi_squared_combining" option?

IMO, no.  There's a chance that down the line someone will come up with
an alternative combining method and want to test that out.  Having the
framework in place to easily swap between the two makes things easier
then, and doesn't really cost anything now.

> Currently, setting 'use_chi_squared_combining' to false
> leaves you with no Classifier.spamprob() implementation.

That was also the case before (if you set use_chi_squared combining to
False, and use_gary_combining to False).  It kinda fits too, as that's
what you've set.  A case could me made for a default, but I doubt it
really matters since only people that know what they are doing with the
code are likely to much about with the combining method.  (A good
solution, IMO, would be to have a new option 'combining_method', which
defaulted to 'chi2_spamprob', but could be the name of any classifier
function).

=Tony Meyer