[spambayes-dev] Test windows binaries available

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Mon Sep 15 00:05:08 EDT 2003

> It would be good if a few people could suck it and see what happens :)

Results below.

> This zip file contains a single directory with the following programs:
> * pop3proxy_tray.exe - a Windows GUI program

If I choose "exit spambayes", nothing happens.  (I have to kill it with
the task manager).
If I choose "stop spambayes", nothing happens.  However, this doesn't
work for me with the source version either.

> * sb_server.exe - a console program (so presumably for "test"
> purposes only)

This seems to work fine for me.

> * pop3proxy_service.exe - A Windows service - "-install" to install it

I can install this, but not start it unless I use "-debug".  I tried to
stop it with cntl-c and got:
"""
Stopping debug service.
The service is still shutting down...
[that line 35 more times]
Error 0xC000000B - The Python service control handler failed.

  File "win32serviceutil.pyc", line 649, in ServiceCtrlHandler
  File "pop3proxy_service.pyc", line 89, in SvcStop
  File "sb_server.pyc", line 770, in stop
  File "urllib2.pyc", line 136, in urlopen
  File "urllib2.pyc", line 333, in open
  File "urllib2.pyc", line 313, in _call_chain
  File "urllib2.pyc", line 849, in http_open
  File "urllib2.pyc", line 843, in do_open
  File "urllib2.pyc", line 359, in error
  File "urllib2.pyc", line 313, in _call_chain
  File "urllib2.pyc", line 419, in http_error_default

urllib2.HTTPError: HTTP Error 503: Service Unavailable
The service is still shutting down...
[that line 23 more times]
The worker failed to stop - aborting it anyway
Info 0x40001004 - The pop3proxy service has stopped after 0 sessions (0
ham, 0 s
pam, 0 unsure).
"""

Does that matter?  Stopping it via the ui worked fine.

> * outlook_dump_props.exe - The Outlook "dump_props.py"
> program, which could be useful to have in the field for bug diagnosis.

I get a "can't find default message store" if I run this without
specifying a folder.  Does that matter?

=Tony Meyer