[spambayes-dev] Re: [Spambayes] how spambayes handles image-onlyspams

G. Armour Van Horn vanhorn at whidbey.com
Mon Sep 8 16:08:52 EDT 2003

Tim,

I'm running pop3proxy.py on two machines, in each case the .ini file is in
c:\Python22\Scripts.

Here is my modified file:

     [Categorization]
     spam_cutoff:0.8
     address_headers: from to cc sender reply-to
     [Storage]
     persistent_storage_file:hammie.pkl
     [html_ui]
     display_to:True
     allow_remote_connections:192.168.0.*
     [pop3proxy]
     listen_ports:1110
     no_cache_bulk_ham:True
     remote_servers:mail.whidbey.com
     [Headers]
     include_score:True

That doesn't work, because the program claims the addition is an invalid
option. I'm guessing it needs to be in a different section?

Van

Tim Peters wrote:

> [Van]
> > Okay, I'm really green at this, although I occasionally am able to
> > make some tiny changes to Perl scripts if I'm careful. I was thinking
> > that the To: address is probably a really good clue to work with, so
> > I'd like a couple of hints as to where in tokenizer.py I should be
> > looking.
>
> I recommend you just inculde this line in your .ini file (I'm not sure how
> you use spambayes, so can't tell you exactly where that is):
>
> address_headers: from to cc sender reply-to
>
> By default, all of those except the "From:" header are ignored.  Including
> "to" on the line (as shown) will cause the "To:" header to get tokenized
> too.
>
> > Basically, messages that are sent to one of my actual e-mail
> > addresses are mostly ham, messages that are sent to some other
> > address and get to me by bcc are almost always spam, and those that
> > are cc'd to me are probably a mix.
>
> spambayes will figure out the truth about cc in your data, and "cc" is in
> the list above too.

Sign up now for Quotes of the Day, a handful of quotations
on a theme delivered every morning.
Enlightenment! Daily, for free!
mailto:twisted at whidbey.com?subject=Subscribe_QOTD

For web hosting and maintenance,