[spambayes-dev] Setting up pop3proxy_tray

Kenny Pitt kennypitt at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 1 10:56:33 EDT 2003

Adam Walker wrote:
> I just started using the tray today. You need to stop spambayes from
> the tray instead of the web interface. I/we will get this fixed
> shortly. Thanks,
> Adam
>
> Kenny Pitt wrote:
>
>> Here's where the problem starts.  I select a few messages to train on
>> and click Train.  The UI reports "Training... Trained on n messages.
>> Saving... Done."  However, even after I do a Save & Shutdown and then
>> restart the proxy, the home page still reports "Database has no
>> training information."  Now I'm having the additional problem that
>> no matter how many messages I receive through the proxy, the Review
>> Messages page always shows "no untrained messages" and I have to use
>> Find Message to get to them.

Interesting, because that's what I tried first.  I only did Save &
Shutdown from the Web interface after not having any luck shutting down
from the tray icon.  The only obvious problem that I had with shutting
down from the web interface was that pop3proxy_tray did not detect that
the proxy had been stopped.

--
Kenny Pitt