[spambayes-dev] Re: [Spambayes] RV: I18N and L10N

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon Nov 24 17:51:32 EST 2003

> PS. When reading thrue all the messages in the user mailing
> list I find that many of the questions concerning the outlook
> plugin aren't replied.

I don't reply to Outlook plug-in messages when I'm busy with other things
because:
 * I know that the FAQ, help pages, or recent archives have the answer to
the question,
 * The user hasn't included enough information, even though the help pages
say exactly what needs to be included (including finding the log and
including it),
 * There's an open bug report about it already (so the info should be added
to that), or
 * I don't know the answer.

The people here volunteer their own time to help out with this project, so
it's not too much to expect that the users put some effort into asking for
help.  The first three of those reasons are the user's fault.  If info is
too hard to find, then a message about *that* would be welcome, and probably
dealt with reasonably promptly.

> I would suggest adding at least a line
> in the FAQ on how to set the logging frequency and where to
> find the log file so that it can be attached to the mails.

The Outlook help pages do this - does it need to be in the FAQ as well?  (If
the users don't read the help pages, will they read the FAQ?).

=Tony Meyer