[spambayes-dev] FW: [Spambayes] Problem with Spam bayesinstallation on Windows 2000pc

Kenny Pitt kennypitt at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 20 10:14:59 EST 2003

Mark Hammond wrote:
> Kenny:
>> I'll try removing any wrappers from
>> site-packages\win32com\gen_py and my temp dir and run again
>> to make sure
>> nothing gets regenerated elsewhere.
>
> Hopefully your installed Python and the py2exe dll should not be able
> to conflict, even if they wanted to!  If you can trick anything into
> failing that smells like it might be related, let me know.

Just wanted to report the results of my test.  Everything seems to be
working as expected.

I renamed my site-packages\win32com\gen_py dir (and recreated it with
only the original __init__.py file to be safe).  I also renamed the
registry keys for the Outlook 2000 and Office 2000 typelib versions so
that they wouldn't be found.  I then registered the py2exe binary addin
and loaded Outlook.  SpamBayes ran fine, and no files were created in
the dist\bin, dist\lib, or site-packages\win32com\gen_py directories.

--
Kenny Pitt