[spambayes-dev] Hunter-killer drones

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Thu Nov 6 16:58:20 EST 2003

[Riche Hindle]
> Dev people,
>
> Before I start digging through the CVS logs to see who committed the
> following code to BrighterAsyncChat.handle_error in Dibbler.py:
>
>         if type == socket.error and v[0] == 9:  # Why?  Who knows...
>             pass
>
> so that I know where to dispatch the hunter-killer drones, does
> anybody want to confess to it?

I'd love to, except I didn't do it.  CVS annotate says it's been like that
since version 1.1, and, indeed, the oldest version in the repository already
had it:

    Revision 1.1
    Fri Jan 17 20:21:07 2003 UTC (9 months, 2 weeks ago) by richiehindle

> Throwing away that exception is causing an infinite loop in
> sb_server.py whenever something happens to a browser socket, like
> someone going to a different page during training.

That's probably not good <wink>.

> Rumour has it that this leads to the infamous DBRunRecoveryError,

Cool!  Doubly worth pursuing then.

> but I haven't confirmed that yet.
>
> Own up and explain yourself, or the next thing you hear will be the
> whine of tiny nuclear-tipped turbines...

It's far too late to stop that now -- I just saw the drones whiz by my
window!