[spambayes-dev] More testing on the common db

T. Alexander Popiel popiel at wolfskeep.com
Sat May 31 15:43:02 EDT 2003

Here's some more results from testing with the common db and
my own private db:

Testing a selection of messages 4-9 months old:
Ham (2052 msgs):
             ham  unsure    spam
  common    2011      36       5
  popiel    2041       8       3

Spam (3838 msgs):
             ham  unsure    spam
  common       5      53    3773
  popiel       8      75    3748

Testing only the most recent 500 messages of each type:
Ham (500 msgs):
             ham  unsure    spam
  common     488      11       1
  popiel     495       5       0

Spam (500 msgs):
             ham  unsure    spam
  common       1      21     478
  popiel       1      10     489

I find it rather interesting that the common db did better on
the old spam than my personal one did; I think this is evidence
of mail mutations having a real effect on accuracy (since my
personal db only contains info from the most recent 4 months),
but it could also be attributable to other things... such as
differences between Skip's training regime and my own.

For the most recent mail, the personal db was a clear win over
the common db.

- Alex