[spambayes-dev] FAQ update

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Thu May 29 10:17:24 EDT 2003

    >> i noticed that sf.net uses php. perhaps we could whip up something
    >> that will take simple txt files and generate the necessary html.

    Anthony> The other approach would be to make a directory full of text or
    Anthony> html files, one per question, and "assemble" the FAQ with the
    Anthony> Makefile (use a simple python script).

Let's try out preexisting solutions first.  reST can be used to generate
FAQs though it doesn't yet have specific support for them.  I converted the
current faq.ht to reST format and uploaded both it and the HTML generated
from it to spambayes.sf.net:

    http://spambayes.sf.net/faq-rest.txt
    http://spambayes.sf.net/faq-rest.html

If we're going to develop something I think it would be worthwhile to get in
touch with the Docutils folks and discuss a FAQ generator using their code
base.

Skip