[spambayes-dev] interesting spam

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Thu Jul 31 23:22:17 EDT 2003

Attached is an interesting spam - well, I found it interesting.  Aside from
all the obscure words apparently designed to lower the score, it appears the
message was mostly one big line.  Someone's input buffer broke it in a few
places before the randomizer could replace $RANDOMIZE with a token "good"
word.  There are even token words in the URLs (boldness and tenebrous).

The only potentially interesting tokenizing gimmick I see is the ratio of
words (very high here).  I don't know if that's a decent spam discriminator
or not, but it's kind of hard to imagine a person writing a non-spam email
of that length with that many <font> tags.

Skip