[spambayes-dev] Release 1.0a4

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Mon Jul 7 14:09:24 EDT 2003

[Anthony]
> Well, the new parser's checked in on a branch that's
> accessible via CVS.

Is this a branch of mimelib or python?  (i.e. where can I find it if I
do get pserver to work?)

[Anthony]
> Unfortunately, pserver CVS access to SF
> is... well, screwed, I think is the short answer. I can make
> an *unofficial* email package tarball of the new parser for
> people to play with if they'd like.

Is there a plan as to when this would be included in a Python release?
2.4a1?  I suppose we could either bundle it along with spambayes (like
the email package used to be, yes?) or just have those users that have
it be able to parse more messages than those without.  (Those without
could get the 'exception' header like pop3proxy users do now).

[Richie]
> I wondered about that.  Is anyone collecting examples of emails found
> in the wild that the email package can't cope with?

Does the cvs of the new parser include the examples that Richie was
talking about?  Creating a set of tests for the spambayes message class
is still on my to-do list, but might be unnecessary if the new parser
has a comprehensive set of tests.  Or alternatively, I could borrow the
malformed emails to become the spambayes test set.

=Tony Meyer