[spambayes-dev] Release 1.0a4

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Fri Jul 4 18:43:09 EDT 2003

[Tony]
> I presume [not using distutils] is behind the problems with line
endings
> that people have reported (which seem reasonably substantial).
[Richie]
> I'm not sure that's true - When I was building alpha2, I seem
> to recall building an install using distutils on Windows and
> seeing \r\n line endings in there.  I eventually built it on Linux
> to be on the safe side.  I could  be wrong (it seems like an obvious
> bug in distutils, and it's hard to believe it's still there - it was
> probably something I was doing wrong).

Hmm.  Not sure what to do about that - I don't have a linux box handy to
do this on.  (I wonder if I cheat and do it in cygwin that would work?).
I'll try and look at the files before I release and check that they're
ok.

> I thought I'd mailed the list about it at the time, but I can't
> find anything in the archives about it.

I vaguely remember this message, so it must be there somewhere :)

> Another fix I've made to pop3proxy recently makes it recover from
> exceptions in parsing, classifying or caching messages.  Previously,
> malformed emails or things like running out of disk space
> could make it fail.  Now, it writes details of the exception into an
> X-Spambayes-Exception header and carries on.

Noticed this too.  I'm trying to consolidate all the message classes
that are floating around at the moment (except msgs.py, which seems like
the wrong move), and when I do, I'll probably move this fix (if I can)
to there, so that it fixes imapfilter and others as well.

(Welcome back, BTW.  Hope the break (and marriage, wasn't it?) went
well).

=Tony Meyer